Benefits Of REDCODE RAWFebruary 02, 2018
REDCODE RAW is the key advance that made digital 4K video capture a reality. As RED’s proprietary file format, REDCODE RAW efficiently encodes image data in a way that maximizes post production capabilities. REDCODE’s efficiency helps content creators achieve increased image quality and smaller file sizes when capturing data-rich, high-resolution images.
Now that RED cameras are capable of capturing 8K resolution, REDCODE plays a critical role in managing the massive amounts of information contained in such ultra-detailed imagery. The codec becomes more efficient as the resolution increases, empowering productions that choose to use REDCODE RAW to save even more time and money as they are able to better manage their footage.
Key benefits of REDCODE RAW include:
- RAW image capture maximizes image fidelity and post production flexibility.
- REDCODE RAW provides tunable file sizes for superior image quality and lower storage requirements than other codecs.
- REDCODE enables a RAW workflow with non-destructive editing, which is fully supported by all of the major post production software packages. This includes Adobe, Apple, Avid, DaVinci Resolve, and more.
- Because the files are RAW, additional metadata is available. This gives content creators a window in to how the image was shot while preserving any relevant metadata for the post production process.
- No other camera has all these capabilities.
Watch the latest RED TECH for further details about how creatives can capture the most vivid colors, the highest levels of dynamic range, and achieve the best picture quality using the flexible and efficient REDCODE RAW file format.