Named after esteemed 1st Assistant Cameraman, Steven Meizler, the MEIZLER™ MODULE is an all-inclusive DSMC module co-developed by RED and 3ALITY TECHNICA. Features of the MEIZLER MODULE include wireless audio capture, wireless 1080p video transmission and a wireless timecode receiver for your EPIC or SCARLET brain. 1x RED BRICK provides power to the module and camera, hosting a D-Tap output for additional power support. An on-board proxy module records DNxHD, H.264 and ProRes files, letting you work immediately with your footage in Avid, Premiere, or Final Cut Pro. Network connected iPhone/iPad/iPod support and wireless lens control ensures that you’ll have all of the features you want without all of the clutter you don’t.
Click here to watch the Meizler Module product demo.
1x 2B Lemo DSMC standard input power
2x 2p 1B accessory power output
1x 9p 1B Gig-E
1x 10p 1B 232/422
1x 4p 0B CAN
1x HD-SDI video BNC
1x Time Code BNC
1x D-Tap output
1x RED MINI-MAG Input
• Proxy Recording – Record Proxy files to a RED MINI-MAG card and record REDCODE RAW to side SSD simultaneously. Choose between DNxHD, H.264 proxies or 720p, 1080p and 2k in ProRes 422 LT and HQ flavors.
• Wireless Motor Control – Integrated Wireless communication between 3rd party hand controller and Meizler module. Internal wiring to front outputs for clean cable routing.
• Wireless Video – Transmit 720p or 1080p uncompressed video at 5Ghz. Wireless video system has <1ms latency.
• Wireless Audio – Receive audio signals from REDsync Master (optional purchase)
• Wireless Timecode -Receive wireless timecode from REDsync Master ( optional purchase ) • 802.11b Compatible – Receive system control commands from custom iPad/iPhone/iTouch app through REDsync system
• System power is provided by V-Lock IDX battery plate (IDX and RED data switch) or RED standard 6 pin power port.
• Smart Hot-Swappable Power supported (battery can be switched when plugged into DC power without shutting camera off)
• CAN Port – Allows for hardwired communication between the 3ality Technica hand controller and Meizler module
• RS232/422 Port – Hardwired communication for iPad, iPhone and iTouch apps and 3rd party devices
• 3D Port – Sync two Meizler modules together to create a 3D lens control system
• HD-SDI Port – Output HD video
• REDmote Port – Charges and Communicates with REDmote via direct hardwire
• RED Monitor Port – Support Dual RED EVF/LCD operating simultaneously via monitor ports on Meizler and Side SSD. Touchscreen control capability on the RED monitor.
• Gig-E Port – Master/Slave the RED cameras
• 4 unregulated AUX power outputs - Two DC outputs power on right sidecar – One Left side D-tap on battery plate - One Front 3-pin Fischer for Cinetape or other accesories • Audio Port – Hardwired 2ch balanced audio input
• Headphone Jack – Outputs audio signals 3.5mm
• Lens Ports Front – Control 3rd party lens motors for Focus, Iris and Zoom
• LEDs - STATUS Indicates the Meizler module status state - 8.02.11 Indicates the wireless connection for Wireless. - PROXY Indicates the proxy recording status to the MINI-MAG - THCL Indicates the wireless connection for wireless hand controller - WTCL Indicates the wireless connection for wireless timecode - WVL Indicates the wireless connection for wireless video – FOCUS Indicates the focus motor status - IRIS Indicates the iris motor status - ZOOM Indicates the zoom motor status
• Wireless Internal Antennas - Interchangeable 6 external antenna module
• Switch from internal or external timecode - Internal timecode – Receive wireless timecode from REDsync Master (optional purchase) – External timecode – Receive timecode signal from an external source (i.e Lockit, Denecke and etc) via a BNC and genlock is produced internally
• Report camera state back to iPad app (optional purchase)
• Receive sidebar file metadata from REDsync Master (optional purchase)
• Receive GPS via iOS app (optional purchase)
RED ARMOR® is an extended warranty program dedicated to protecting you and your MEIZLER™ MODULE for up to 3 years. Upon purchasing, an additional 2 years of coverage is added to your standard 1-year warranty, extending your protection to a total of 3 years. With RED service centers located across the globe, you’ll never have trouble finding a RED specialist to help repair your MEIZLER MODULE. Shield yourself from the unexpected with the RED Armor extended warranty program.
Must be purchased before your MEIZLER MODULE is invoiced.