In this RED TECH, we explore RED’s new image processing pipeline in REDCINE-X PRO® and its overall workflow. Learn how to toggle between legacy and IPP2 workflows as well as how to apply the new color controls. With IPP2, R3D® files go through a new standardized, three-step process: Image Primary (look-independent controls, such as exposure and white balance), Image Grading (creative coloring decisions, including 3D LUTs and CDLs), and Image Output Transform (output-specific settings, such as SDR and HDR).
Download the latest DSMC2® camera firmware and REDCINE-X PRO software to take advantage of IPP2 here.
IPP2 enhancements include:
- Better management of challenging colors
- Improved shadow detail
- Smoother highlight roll-off
- More accurate mid-tone hues
- An improved demosaicing algorithm to achieve higher detail at the same pixel resolution
- Simpler and more intuitive workflow
- A workflow designed for HDR from the ground up
- Industry-standard naming
- Standardized color space and gamma
To request a video on a specific topic, please email REDTECH@red.com.