RED Digital Cinema is taking the next step in the evolution of our various education efforts with REDucation. The goal of this effort is fully immersive, hands-on, practical training and teaching of the EPIC (MYSTERIUM-X and DRAGON) and SCARLET camera systems for both on set practices and post production practices.
This is real-world training – taught by working professionals, for working professionals and those looking to work in the field of Digital Cinematography and Ultra High Resolution Post Production.
In Los Angeles, the 3-day REDucation class is followed by an additional 2-day special track class to encompass a full week of RED training, all with your focus in mind.
3-DAY REDUCATION CLASS
Led by a team of RED professionals.
Time of classes: Monday - Wednesday, 9am-6pm
The 3-day REDucation class focuses on hands-on learning with RED Digital Cinema camera packages. Learn, shoot and review 4K footage on the big screen each day.
REDucation's core course covers:
- EPIC (MYSTERIUM-X and DRAGON) and SCARLET camera build up and check out - the rental house experience with monitoring, lens choices, and testing equipment
- A complete overview of the camera menus and options
- Exposure dynamics - Shooting RED in low light, high contrast, and daylight exterior
- On-set RED experience - DIT, dailies, 3rd party recorders and carts
- Two shooting exercises emphasizing hands-on time with RED cameras and accessories
- Science of RED - Bayer pattern, resolution, codec choices, wavelets and color science
- Workflow - Post house and DIT overview, archival, editing and grading options
- Screening of 4K footage from RED and Students, and short films from the SHOT ON RED Film Festival
- Production Audio - Double system sound, top hardware choices, and time code
- HDRx, Stills, and Motion - In depth shooting exercises
- Data Dynamics - Management, archiving, data rates, hardware options
OPTIONAL 2-DAY EXTENSION COURSE
2-day extension classes are held at REDucation events in Los Angeles, California. Attendees must have completed the 3-day REDucation class (detailed above) as a prerequisite.
SHOOT, POST, PRESENT
Put your acquired REDucation knowledge to the test! This two-day extension allows for learning RED workflow through practical application. In a matter of 48hours, small groups will work alongside actors and RED specialists to produce a short script for presentation through the following exercises:
- Production – Lighting, sound, and performance. Basic on-set practices covered in order to best utilize the EPIC MYSTERIUM-X and EPIC DRAGON cameras for capturing performance.
- Post-Production – Native R3D/4K workflow, edited in Adobe Premiere, color graded in SpeedGrade and REDCINE-X.
- Presentation – Deliver the final film for a 4K projection onto a full theatrical movie screen.
Have questions about REDucation? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org