Back to All Downloads
V-RAPTOR XL FIRMWARE
V-RAPTOR XL Release Build 1.3.4 September 27, 2022
- Download the latest REDCINE-X PRO from https://www.red.com/downloads
UPGRADE V-RAPTOR XL FIRMWARE
- 1. Copy the upgrade folder (containing the upgrade.bin file) to the top directory on the CFexpress card.
- 2. Power up the camera and insert a CFexpress card into the V-RAPTOR media slot.
- 3. Go to Menu > Maintenance > Upgrade and select OK.
- 4. The camera starts the upgrade process which will automatically restart the camera.
- 5. After the camera restarts to complete the upgrade process, select RESTART once it appears.
- 6. Go to Menu > System Settings > System Status > Camera Info to verify the firmware version after the camera boots.
SIGNIFICANT CHANGES SINCE RELEASE 1.2.7
- Added ELQ R3D Quality
- Added RED CONNECT (BETA) - Full Resolution Live R3D Streaming (See Operational Notes Below)
- Added AF Improvements
- Added Quiet Record Fan Control
- Added DSMC3 Monitor through-camera firmware update support (Requires SmallHD OS5 or later)
- Added enhanced timecode behavior
- Added User calibration optimization reducing process from several minutes to approximately 30 seconds
- Added discrete monitor LUT support
- Added Basic, Standard and Technical overlay mode
- Added Tint to SDI Advanced Overlay
- Added Overlay Opacity control
- Added voltage display for non-communicating batteries
- Added Low Voltage Warning control
- Added QR code support for Wi-Fi passwords
- Added RCP2 external lens data support
- Added 'Auto' to Top LCD Resolution menu
- Added RED PRO 1.3TB and 4TB support
- Added Angelbird AV PRO MK2 660GB, 1320GB, 2TB and 4TB support
- Added Exascend Archon 2TB CFx support
- Added ProGrade 325GB and 650GB support
- Fixed custom preset disappearing when assigned to user page
- Fixed unintended RF lens motor movement in manual mode
- Fixed Sigma Cine lens communication issue
- Fixed incorrectly displayed minimum lens F stop
- Fixed incorrect scrolling text
- Fixed issue with Sensor Flip calibration
- Fixed horizontal tear in 4K 8:1 at HFR
- Fixed horizontal tear in Flip/Mirror mode
- Fixed 'low speed' message with SanDisk CFx card
- Fixed refresh of LUT menu after import or delete
- Fixed slow/stalled playback of long clip
- Fixed EF lens detection on startup in AF mode
- Fixed CFx Time Indicator on startup
- Fixed Livestream freeze after disabling
- Fixed no static IP after reboot
- Changed PPP Baud Rate and IP Address string in UI
- Changed user calibration dialog to include time estimate
- Removed BETA from Autofocus feature
- Improved SDI Latency
- RED CONNECT is a license enabled feature, for more info see https://support.red.com/hc/en-us/articles/7391709361683
- Calibration must be performed in Sensor Flip mode.
- Some devices may experience intermittent connection issue over USB-C tethering.
- Warning message will occur with unapproved Media and Batteries.
Copyright (c) 2004-2022 RED Digital Cinema, LLC. All Rights Reserved.