RED® cameras with the HELIUM 8K® S35 sensor can now monitor and control our new image processing pipeline, IPP2, in-camera through a firmware update. Learn how to toggle between legacy and IPP2 modes; new CDL features to go along with standard white balance, ISO, and 3D LUTs; and how to access new in-camera image pipeline settings.
Upgrade to the the latest DSMC2® camera firmware and REDCINE-X PRO® software to take advantage of IPP2. Download here: https://www.red.com/downloads/
IPP2 enhancements include:
- Better management of challenging colors
- Improved shadow detail
- Smoother highlight roll-off
- More accurate mid-tone hues
- An improved demosaicing algorithm to achieve higher detail at the same pixel resolution
- Simpler and more intuitive workflow
- A workflow designed for HDR from the ground up
- Industry-standard naming
- Standardized color space and gamma
To request a video on a specific topic, please email REDTECH@red.com.